Friday, May 1, 2009

Baby Ruby Update

I went to the doctor again today and everything is still looking good! I am now 33 1/2 weeks!!! Her heart rate was good and I am again measuring 1/2 a centimeter big. I have now gained 24 pounds and the doctor is happy with my weight gain (at least some one is!). The only problem is that Ruby has not turned at all yet. They say at this point that the baby will start to turn to prepare to come down, but Ruby is completely turned sideways. My doctor said that we will continue to watch and if she hasn't turned by about week 37 or 38, then we will start to worry and we will try to force her to turn!
I have my first shower tomorrow and Will's family is throwing it. I am really excited because this means that Ruby is coming soon and it also makes me anxious because Ruby IS coming so soon! We have painted the room pink and brown and now Will is going to go back and do brown stripes on part of the pink wall. It is going to be so cute and we are 2/3 of the way done! We are slowly getting ready for her to come. I have loved being pregnant but I sure am glad that there is an end in sight.

2 comments:

Wendy Lady said...

I'm so excited for you guys, you're going to be just about the coolest mom ever. Have fun at your shower, I hope you get tons of cute stuff for your sure to be cute little Ruby!

"Jo" in many sizes said...

I think there is a reason you are so miserable towards the end...so that you actually are totally willing to go through birth to get her here! Sorry I missed your shower, heard it was fun.