Wednesday, June 10, 2009

She's coming tomorrow!

I went to my doctor's again today and I have great news! I am being induced tomorrow!!! I am 39 weeks today so I went in for my weekly check up. On Thursday, of last week, I started to have a really itchy stomach so I thought that it was just dry. I put on lotion every few hours to help it. Wrong thing to do! It just irritated something and I broke out with a huge rash all over my stomach. So on Friday I called the nurse and she told me to take some Benadryl and call if it got worst. They thought it was just a heat rash. So, since then I have been rubbing a Benadryl cream on my stomach about 4 times a day and trying not to itch it. Then yesterday, I started to notice that the bumps were spreading to my legs and closer to my back. I tried not to panic and I made sure that I mentioned it to my doctor today.
So when I went in today I mentioned the rash and how it was spreading and not getting better. He took a look and informed me that it wasn't a heat rash like they thought, it was something called PUPPS. PUPPS is something that some pregnant women develop during the 3rd trimester of their pregnancy. It is not harmful to the baby but it itches like crazy. It looks like hives but they never go away! The only thing to get rid of it, is to deliver your baby. Dr. Merrill said that he could give me stuff to help the itch, but it would not go away and it will get worse as it gets warmer. His suggestion was to induce me tomorrow because this can be considered a medical reason to be induced and it won't go away. Well, there was no argument from me!!! So he called the hospital to schedule it and I am 4th on the list. He said that I should be fine to be induced because I am dilated to a 3 and 85 % effaced, so my body should handle it okay. I am glad that I am effacing because he said that he wouldn't have induced me if my cervix wasn't softening.
So to sum it up, I am being induced tomorrow and I am so happy! I will be glad to finally have Ruby here! I will post pictures soon and let you all know how we are doing.

6 comments:

JAB0218 said...

Yeah I am so happy for you guys. Good luck I hope all goes well.
Can't wait to see pictures of her.
Annette

Sariah said...

Yaeh baby Ruby! So I guess we should be thankful to your rash? No matter, she's coming, she's coming, she's coming!!! I'm glade you can go in tomorrow for a better reason than being in soooo much pain you can't walk or talk! Keep us posted!

Kim said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Can't wait to meet her!

John and Stacey Dodds said...

Yeah I hope everything goes well for you!

Tim & M'liss said...

Good Luck Jen! I CAN'T wait to see pictures! Oh, Mand and Koby will be so sad they aren't there! You are in our prayers! Hope all goes well! Love ya!

The Bawdens said...

welcom Ruby!!! we can't wait to see her.