Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 2010

Well another month has come and gone. Can you believe that it will be April tomorrow? A lot has happened this month. I took Ruby to the Dr. on the 4th for her 9 month check up. I was worried that she might have an ear infection with her teeth that were coming in. Well, she did but at least it was only in one ear this time. She also weighed 18 lbs and 15 oz. She is getting so big! She has two teeth on the bottom and they are so cute. She also loves to clap and she can now wave. She is constantly jabbering away. She hasn't started crawling yet, but she can scoot backwards and turn in circles. She is starting to pull up on things and stand a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if she skipped crawling and went to walking, because she still does not like her tummy (she has still never rolled over). She loves to sit up and be the center of attention!

We went to the cabin with my friend Liz and her family at the beginning of March. It was beautiful weather and we had so much fun. Ruby is going to need a new snowsuit soon, because there is not stretching room for her. We also went to the cabin with Will's family this past weekend. This was probably our last snow cabin trip for this year. We love the cabin and I would like to try and go up a few times this summer.

It's getting to small!
Staying warm with daddy
Will and Ruby
Koy & Ruby
Kaylee & McCall
Allen with the dogs
Koy
Liz, Koy & Daisy
Ruby & Quincy

Asleep on the front seat
Stevie

At the beginning of March, we went down to Cedar to see Aubree dance. Me and Ruby drove down with Terah and her kids (the husbands had to work). My parents got a condo in St. George and we had so much fun. We went swimming so Ruby was able to wear one of her cute swimsuits that Grandma Bawden bought for her. She looked so cute and she actually liked it. Aubree did great and she is such and amazing dancer and and person. We love you Aubs!
Her cute swimming suit
From the back
Me, Grandpa, & Ruby
Ruby & Mommy
Playing in the water
Brookie & Ruby
Bri, Ruby & Brook in the bath
Aubree in Cedar


Koby & Ruby at Aub's performance

As you all know, we live in the middle of nowhere. Well, one night I got a call from Will telling me that he had just hit a deer. And when I say hit, I mean HIT! It totaled his truck. We were very lucky that Will is safe and that he had Abe riding in the front with him. His truck won't even start now. So I (yes, I!) towed him into Lehi and we got a quote on the truck. Well, it will be $1100 to fix it and that is just a base quote. They couldn't get the hood up, so there might be some more damage inside. So, we towed it back home and we are deciding if it is worth the money to fix it. It has been such a great truck.
The night it happened

the deer's head swung around and hit to make this dent

The next thing that happened after the truck, was we went motorcycle shopping. I know that they are dangerous, but I have been putting Will off for 5 years and I have no more excuses. He has always wanted one, and so we went to look. He found the one he liked, so we started looking into buying it. I was still kind of dragging my feet, when they mentioned that it would get about 60 miles to the gallon (Will's vehicle now gets 12 mpg). That helped my decision! So Monday, the 22nd, Will became the proud owner of a Harley Davidson. It is a 2007 Nightster with about 13,000 miles on it. It is black with a dull orange color. He loves it and he is so excited to finally have one!


Last, but not least, I celebrated my 25th birthday yesterday! We went to Olive Garden for dinner and it was delicious. I can't believe that I am 25. Time has flown!!! Here are some random photos from March.
Liam & Ruby (he's 10 days older than Ruby)
Ready for our evening walk
moving in her sleep
her cute skull leggings

3 comments:

Tim & M'liss said...

Oh my goodness Ruby is SO cute!!! I love all those pictures of her-especially the one where she is asleep in her snowsuit! I can't let Tim see this because he has been wanting a motorcycle or a scooter forever! They really do get such good gas mileage so I should just give in, too:( I'm glad you had a good birthday! I hated turning 22 because i thought it sounded so old but 25 just sounds sooooo old! Oh well, nothing we can do about it! :( Someday we'll look back & wish we were 25 again! It was so good to see you & Ruby a few weeks ago! Love you Jen!

whitey said...

What a busy month you have had, that little Ruby is just to stinkin cute!

Sarah said...

Such cute pictures! Ruby is SO stinkin adorable:)