Monday, March 1, 2010

February 2010



Our Little Ruby


So I have decided that I can post at least once a month. If I do better than that, then good for me! February has been a crazy month and it has gone by so quickly. Ruby is 8 1/2 months now. I take her back to the Dr. on the 15th. She is starting to like her stomach now. She will push up on her hands and sometimes pull her legs in. She can also scoot herself backwards on a slippery floor. I think that she is figuring out this whole movement thing and we had better watch out. She is starting to clap her hands and babble a lot. She says "da da" and other things. She also likes to suck her bottom and top lip in. It makes her look like she has a "bitter beer" face. Ruby's hair is starting to get long enough so that I can do stuff with it. We were able to get a spout and some pigtails. And I must say, they are SOOOO CUTE!!!
Her Pigtails
Ruby pulling her leg in- Crawling, here we come!
Suck in that lip

My dad also got her to finally stand on his hands. He loves to do this with the grandkids, but Ruby was a slow poke. She has been able to stand for a couple of months, but she wouldn't do it for my dad until a couple of weeks ago. We also bought Ruby a highchair. I didn't want to spend a ton of money but all of the cheap ones looked cheap. So I went to KSL and I found a brand new Evenflo highchair (in the box) for $50. I was so excited!!! Also, that tooth that I talked about around Christmas time, has disappeared. But I think that a different one is making it's appearance. I'll let you know!
Standing on Grandpa's hands
Ruby's new highchair

On February 15th, our family went through a great tragedy. Will's Grandpa Wood passed away from a massive heart attack. He went quickly but it was unexpected. He has had some heart problems for a few years, but this was a shock. Grandpa Wood was a wonderful and caring man. We love him and we will miss him greatly. For his funeral, Will shaved of all of his hair and beard to honor him. This was a huge thing, because Will loves having a beard and he has not cut his hair for almost a year! I must say that I have a pretty sweet husband.
Will's sister, Hannah, was able to come home again before she is stationed in Germany. It was great seeing her again. She was able to come home in time for the funeral and stay for a week. She left Saturday to go back to Missouri and then she flies out to Germany soon. We are so proud of her and it was so great to see her again!
Hannah, Ruby & Will

I can't believe that it is already March. We are still loving our car and life is still crazy. I'll try and keep this updated. Have a good month!!! Here are some random pictures from February!
Our little Family
Look at how good Ruby looks, but Will HAD to show his double chin.
Updated Wood Family Picture
Ruby & Quincy- 3 months apart
Sylvie & Ruby
Eating Ice Cream for Grandpa Bawden's Bday
Cute little Ruby!
SMILE!!!


Trying to clap and hold the balloon
Good entertainment

4 comments:

Travis and Kira Evans said...

Love the pig tales. You guys are so cute. Sorry to hear about Will's grandpa. Love you guys!

Kare Bear said...

Oh my!! It seems like we haven't seen you guys forever. She's getting sooo big.. Love the pics!!

whitey said...

At first I thought Ruby looked like Will, but now she is the spittin image of you. Lots of changes have taken place for the family with all that has happened hoping for good things to come.

Mandy said...

Oh my heck!! I absolutely LOVE those pics of Rubers!!! She is such a stinkin cutie! Love you guys!