Friday, August 22, 2008

New School Year

It's official! A new school year has started. We started on Monday, August 18th. I have 21 students this year and that is a perfect size. Last year I had 25 students and it just seemed like whenever I would turn my back, I would have 3 kids getting into trouble. With 21, I feel like I am able to see and hear them all! Thank goodness that the first week is over now. My first graders were so tired by today and they all had blank stares. I am tired too, but it is also great to be back. I didn't realize how much I missed my kids until school started. I love my job and I am glad that I get to teach sweet little children every day!

6 comments:

Travis and Kira Evans said...

Wow you already started? That is great that your class is smaller, I bet that makes a big difference. Hope you have a good school year! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I hope that I will be a good mom. It was so fun going to dinner the other night. We need to go again soon!

John and Stacey Dodds said...

Jennica!
I found your blog when I was looking on Julie Henlines. I have been wondering what you were up to. I can't believe you are teaching first grade. What school are you at? I teach kindergarten part time in Cedar. I hope you don't mind that I added your blog to mine.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennica! Your blog is so cute! I was blog-surfing today (actually it was from Julie Henline's for me too! Good thing she leaves comments) and I found yours! I'm glad life is treating you well. Take care!
Angela (Stott) Ure

The Woods said...

Hey, it was good to hear from you. Sorry I suck at getting back to people and blogging in general. How is teaching going, that's awesome! It's good to hear you're doing well.

Unknown said...

Hey Jen! I haven't talked to you for a while. How is everything? We need to plan another night to go to dinner again.